Jonathan K. Shay
69 W Chapel Rd • Asheville, North Carolina 28803
828.242.2815 • email@example.com
• Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, FL – AA
1991 – 1992
• PowerChurch Software – Application developer. working on latest version of company’s flagship application. Technologies in use include C#, WPF, SQL Server, Entity Framework, and Castle Windsor (IOC).
Nov, 2014 – Present
• Goin’ Postal Franchise Corporation – Application developer and system administrator. Developed C# .NET/WPF-based applications to facilitate new franchisee purchases, simplify gift card purchases and easily create one-click workstation backups. Also created e-mail server configuration utility (.NET/WPF desktop app that communicated via SSH on a non-standard port to issue queries against MySQL database and invoke perl scripts). Currently developing point-of-sale application.
Nov, 2011 – Oct, 2014
• Andrick & Associates, Inc. – Responsible for acquisition, implementation, configuration and maintenance of a Windows SBS 2008-based network, including all networked PCs (both software and hardware), as well as providing technical support for all office personnel. Developed and maintained extensive library of Visual FoxPro utilities to assist in the processing of mailing lists.
Jan, 2002 – Nov, 2011
• Intellisys, Inc. – Provided tier-2 technical support of company’s time and attendance-management software. Created custom import interfaces and reports in Visual FoxPro. Performed on-site installation and configuration of software, as well as conducted on-site and off-site training to both end-users and tier-1 support personnel.
Aug, 1997 – Oct, 2001
• United States Postal Service/DynCorp – Ensured network installations were running correctly, including all network attached workstations for numerous postal facilities. Prepared schedules for over 600 employees in accordance with man-hour needs supplied by the serviced facilities on a half-hour basis. Ensured all required reports were updated and filed.
Jul, 1992 – Aug, 1997
• C#/WPF developer utilizing MVVM design with experience in building installable files with SQL Server Express connectivity utilizing both Entity Framework and LINQ to SQL. Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 as development environments.
• Application development in C#, Visual FoxPro and Visual Basic
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, including programming in Visual Basic for Applications.